Sunday 23 March 2014

Egg Box Daffodils

Poppet really likes daffodils. Whenever she sees them she exclaims "for your wedding mum!" and picks some for me (I am already married so I am not sure why she thinks I am due another wedding).
We have a big clump in the garden that she had been eagerly checking everyday, waiting for the first one to bloom. Now we have a beautiful little patch of yellow in the garden.


While we were waiting for them to bloom we made some very simple paper ones - first Poppet painted some egg box cups yellow. While they dried I made a flower template and cut out some flower shapes from yellow card (Poppet is very keen to help with any sort of cutting activity so to pacify her while I got on with it she got some scraps to cut up). I put a fold in each petal to make the flowers look more 3D.


Poppet glued an eggcup on to each flower.


Then we put the flower on a ball of blutak and carefully pushed a nail through the middle to make a hole. It felt very Blue Peter-esque. Poppet liked it.


Poppet carefully threaded a pipe cleaner through the hole to form the stem.


Our daffodils sit merrily in a vase, brightening up the room. My mum recently visited and took a few hours to realise they were not real.


Poppet: 3yrs 2mos
Little: 1yr 6 mos

PS We have found the pipe cleaners a little too bendy, I'd use straws next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!