Thursday 19 December 2013

Homemade Christmas Potpourri


I love the smell of Christmas. At home my mum always buys the M&S Christmas potpourri which is amazing but I wanted to have a go at making some myself because it seems really simple.

This is what I used to make it:

Pinecones
Dried orange slices
Cinnamon sticks
Cloves
Star Anise
Cinnamon oil
Baubles
Gold laquer spray paint


I spray painted the pinecones gold and once they were dry sprinkled them with cinnamon oil and sealed them inside sandwich bags for a week or so. The smells fades after a while so I top it up by sprinkling on some more cinnamon oil every now and then. You can also buy bags of ready scented pinecones which would make it even easier. I put everything in a bowl and it is now sitting in our family room filling it up with a Christmassy scent.


Unfortunately the potpourri is also really popular with the girls especially Little who takes a grab and run approach.......so I am now missing most of the dried orange slices (her favourite to take away and chew on) and a few cones.


Poppet: 2yrs 11mos
Little: 1yr 2mos




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!