Friday 8 November 2013

Pumpkin Painting


This is the pumpkin that we managed to grow against the odds (it is the small green one on the left). It was a bit too small to carve and we didn't want to eat it as I wasn't sure green ones would taste very good.

So the only logical use left for it was to paint it. The idea appealed to Poppet a lot.


I gave her a selection of acrylic paints and brushes along with the pumpkin and left her to make it beautiful. She loved using the pumpkin as a canvas and was completely absorbed in making sure she painted every bit of it.


The finished pumpkin sits proudly on the windowsill for all to admire.


I don't know of any better use of the twinkling facility on my camera than this.

Poppet: 2yrs 9mos
Little: 1yr 1mos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!